"bounding box from hell - or how we still can't use PNGs like everyone else"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"bounding box from hell - or how we still can't use PNGs like everyone else"

Post  rubenlaine on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Can we once and for all have access to PNGs with transparency in a layer without creating this black box of doom?

you should have seen the look on my clients face when I explained to him that he needed to re-export 100+ png files to add a much larger border

and the results weren't even consistent, even though the files all came out of a batch export with the exact same settings, some worked, some didn't. this was very frustrating because in the end, he ended up preferring to apply the textures thru the UV map and export out of whatever program in his computer, when i should have been able to move a simple logo around the output and size otto a surface in this mapping project.

*sad server op is sad by this*
rubenlaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "bounding box from hell - or how we still can't use PNGs like everyone else"

Post  Dave on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:01 pm

fixed in v8. sorry for the frustration you've experienced with this issue in v7.x It is an issue between graphics cards vendors and they're implementation of glsl. I share your frustration. We have found a solid work around for version 8 though. But a lot of the mixer functionality has had to change to fix this which is why we couldn't do it for v7.x

Thanks for your patience!
Dave
Admin

View user profile http://www.immersive.eu

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top