Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single Media clip covering multiple Screen devices

2 posters

Go down

Single Media clip covering multiple Screen devices Empty Single Media clip covering multiple Screen devices

Post  Gringoloco Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:42 am

Multi wall LED show.
Using one output of AI with a screen device for each section of the total display. This allows multiple clips to play simultaneously on the different walls.

What is the simplest way to have one media clip play stretched across all my LED displays? This show has some sections with mutiple media and some sections stretched.

I tried adding another screen on top, but I can't get it to be transparent when no content is playing.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Gringoloco

Back to top Go down

Single Media clip covering multiple Screen devices Empty Re: Single Media clip covering multiple Screen devices

Post  ArranAI Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:39 am

hello Smile
the way id approach doing this is to use a couple of different models and swap between them using the motion page.

prepare a couple of different models- a model for the individual screen and another model which is one double width screen and a blank model which contains nothing.
drop the individual screen on both fixtures and the larger on to one fixture and the blank onto the other.
go to the motion page ( the bendy arrows at the bottom left of the Ai interface, then on fixture one choose one of the individual screen models from the dropdown in the grey box on the right, then do the same for fixture 2. once they are both selected, add a control trigger ( the top icon on the left - the hex with the orange centre) once done, select the double width screen on fixture one and the blank on fixture two, and then add another trigger point.

you can now swap between these two "looks" live during the show Smile

the triggers on the motion pag can be realy handy - a bit like the use of cues on a desk - and allow you to capture position and laytout data ( anything you can see in the grey box on the right ) for your fixtures

ArranAI
ArranAI
Admin

http://www.avolitesmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Single Media clip covering multiple Screen devices Empty Re: Single Media clip covering multiple Screen devices

Post  Gringoloco Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 am

Aran,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not using screens, but LED displays. I use the multi unit LED skin of the Video output device. I attached a show file so you can see what I was doing.

Not sure if my approach will allow me to get where you suggested.

Any way to apply motion to the pixel parameters in the video out?

Gringoloco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down