Inconsistent Layer Fade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inconsistent Layer Fade

Post  ejgazz on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:35 pm

In version 8.02.155, my default crossfade period seems to work inconsistently. I can crossfade 8Kx1080 videos, but PNGs seem to pop in and out abruptly and sometimes even flash before they cut out. I've tried changing the time, using scene triggers, and reloading the media, but I can't seem to find any solution. I have a redundant back up, which seems to fade the same media and same programming. Sometimes the fade will work on one but not the other. I'm pretty confused as to what would cause this.

ejgazz

View user profile http://quinceimaging.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Inconsistent Layer Fade

Post  Dave on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:15 pm

As a short term fix you could make the large png file into a short AiM movie file and you will probably find the problem goes away then.

We would like to get to the bottom of the issue though so please get in touch with our support team on support@avolitesmedia.com and if you could provide the project file and the troublesome media we should be able to get to the bottom of your problem.

Thanks and best regards
Dave
Admin

View user profile http://www.immersive.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  kylemeans on Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:57 am

I've seen this same issue on a lot of PNGs, and I'd really love to find a fix.

I tried using Adobe Media Converter to convert a transparent PNG directly to AIM... It created a 5 second cllp, but unfortunately, the transparency didn't convert to alpha has I had hoped. Also, when I loaded the AIM file, it had the same fade problems as a regular PNG.

I suspect that it would work if I actually made it into a video with alpha via Premiere, but that's too cumbersome for shows with lots of PNG files.

Any thoughts?

kylemeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kylemeans on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:25 am

I'm having the exact same crossfade problem, even after using After Effects to convert all my transparent PNG files to AIM Superstream Alpha movies.

Can anybody tell me what's going on? It's really strange and frustrating.

kylemeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top