Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

slow frame rates

3 posters

Go down

slow frame rates Empty slow frame rates

Post  stikmanpirate Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:14 am

Hi there!

Just loaded ai 6 demo onto a fresh build.

getting fps of 6 and 7 on 1080p content. clip playing from ssd raid and same clips silky smooth outside ai

i7 377
video card nvidia gtx 660 ti 2gb
32 gb ram
windows 8
This is a brand new build

any ideas what would cause such horrid frame rates

stikmanpirate

Back to top Go down

slow frame rates Empty Re: slow frame rates

Post  stikmanpirate Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:24 pm

I've been trying to trace the bottle neck by monitoring my cpu and gpu loads... its puzzling I never see the gpu go over 23% my i7 occasionally spikes on a single core but all the other cores seem relatively quiet. Hard disk tests out at 370 mbs write and 880mbs read. The program itself seems really sluggish but i am not seeing a system load to indicate anything is getting stressed. I will keep testing and posting my findings.

stikmanpirate

Back to top Go down

Post  ArranAI Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 pm

are you using the latest nvidia drivers? we find the performance is greatly improved with the newer ones.

are you using aero mode?
ArranAI
ArranAI
Admin

http://www.avolitesmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stikmanpirate Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:32 am

Thanks aaron for the feedback! yes running latest drivers i have tried two graphics cards nvidia quadro 4000 and geforce GTX 660ti both has issues pushing anything over 720p with decent frame rates. looking into aero. heading out of town next 5 days on show call so will have to test upon returning

stikmanpirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 am

What codec is the media you are trying to play encoded in?

We use our own quicktime codec called AiM which is optimised for high resolution and high quality playback. You can get it here if you don't have it already:

http://www.avolites.com/ai/AIM_Codec.zip

If you are using some other codec then that is likely the cause of your low frame rate.
Dave
Dave
Admin

http://www.immersive.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  stikmanpirate Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:20 am

All the clips I am testing with are QuickTime movies that i downloaded from a video clip site. it could be a codec issue though I am unsure the proper way to reencode with the proper codec as my software that I use to encode media (meg stream clip) is not listing it as an option even though I followed the installation instructions. I will look into this solution when I get back to the lab on Saturday.

stikmanpirate

Back to top Go down

Post  stikmanpirate Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:26 am

Aim codec it was! It was user error on the codec, I had dropped it in the wrong folder on accident. Once i fixed it I reencoded and am now enjoying multiple 4k files playing silky smooth! Thanks for the feedback!

stikmanpirate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down