Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6 artnet/citp

4 posters

Go down

connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6  artnet/citp Empty connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6 artnet/citp

Post  stikmanpirate Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Are there any hints on the proper way to configure this

network adapters
ai 2.0.0.100
titan 2.0.0.50
AI
Artnet Base universe 5
Artnet base channel 1

titan
firewall disabled
sees: Unknown device
universe 5
system 0

the first time i set it up avo saw ai listed in active fixtures while patching and patched everything for me based on the active connection...however even though it saw it I was having difficulty actually getting titan to control it..the program wouldn't respond. I deleted the patch to try again and now even though its seeing the ai artnet in my DMX settings... I can't seem to get it to see the AI listed in my active fixtures.

any feedback would be great.

stikmanpirate

Back to top Go down

connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6  artnet/citp Empty Re: connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6 artnet/citp

Post  stikmanpirate Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:31 am

update:

I got them talking firewall on avo was i think interfering as it wouldnt respond to a ping..disabling seemed to help. i now can make changes on the lighting console and see changes on AI however...channels are not lining up. I had patched using active fixture and it pulled the profile right from ai. So i am seeing thumbnails and having limited functionality but acting like the fixture profile is wrong....is there a better ai 6 profile to use? some things are working and somethings are not.

stikmanpirate

Back to top Go down

connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6  artnet/citp Empty Titan CITP

Post  Gringoloco Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 am

Would you post the changes you made?

Trying to get this working on a Pearl running Titan 6.1.

See the same Unknown Device from your original post.

Thank you.

Gringoloco

Back to top Go down

connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6  artnet/citp Empty Re: connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6 artnet/citp

Post  Dave Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi Guys

I would advise to use version 7 for connectivity with any lighting desk including the Avo range. The entire artnet personality, CITP, render engine and control interface were re-written based on the feedback from the lighting industry so v7 is a huge improvement over v6 in this area.

Thanks and best regards
Dave
Dave
Admin

http://www.immersive.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  Gringoloco Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:39 am

Thanks for the advice.

I am running version 7 w/ Pearl Express/ Titan 6.1

I am seeing the same Unknown device that was in the original post.

Suggestions?

Perhaps a quick checklist to get CITP working. This will be a selling feature for us over using a different media server.

Gringoloco

Back to top Go down

Post  icke_siegen Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:13 am

First step would be to make Titan control AI via Art-Net manually, i.e. without CITP. Can you patch it this way, and control the server? If not, then there is no point in looking for an active fixture.

Step 2 - if #1 succeeds: does AI show up as an Active Fixture in Titan's patch menu? If no, then (a) verify your personality library is reasonably up to date (AIv7 was added to the CITP list in march 2013), and (b) check that CITP support is enabled in AI. Sometimes I noticed that Titan reads some network devices only upon startup, hence, if you're sure all settings are correct, then a restart of the console might do the trick.

Unfortunately, CITP is a somewhat complex thing. I already wrote a little (10p) howto for another mediaserver and Titan, where I explained some of the mechanics, it's in the Avo forum.

icke_siegen

Back to top Go down

Post  Gringoloco Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:11 am

icke_siegen wrote:First step would be to make Titan control AI via Art-Net manually, i.e. without CITP. Can you patch it this way, and control the server? If not, then there is no point in looking for an active fixture.

Step 2 - if #1 succeeds: does AI show up as an Active Fixture in Titan's patch menu? If no, then (a) verify your personality library is reasonably up to date (AIv7 was added to the CITP list in march 2013), and (b) check that CITP support is enabled in AI. Sometimes I noticed that Titan reads some network devices only upon startup, hence, if you're sure all settings are correct, then a restart of the console might do the trick.

Unfortunately, CITP is a somewhat complex thing. I already wrote a little (10p) howto for another mediaserver and Titan, where I explained some of the mechanics, it's in the Avo forum.

Thanks!

I found your pdf in the Avo forum.

I do have control, so I suspect some of the other settings may be incorrect. I did notice you suggest continuous stream off. Will try that first.

Gringoloco

Back to top Go down

connecting ai 6 to titan mobile 6  artnet/citp Empty Thank You!

Post  Gringoloco Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 am

Your pdf was exactly what I needed.

Thumbnails and names came through.

Thank you for putting the directions together. They were very clear and easy to follow.

Excellent job.

Gringoloco

Back to top Go down

Post  icke_siegen Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback - glad I could help. Did you have to change something in the files, or apply some special settings? I could then write something for AI...

icke_siegen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down