Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures

2 posters

Go down

Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures Empty Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures

Post  Juay0004 Tue May 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi Guys,
I am trying to get myself familiarise with the AI.
I applied to 3ds to 2 screen fixture and try to use a projector fixture to project on the 2 objects.
This is my patch.
Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures Patch11
and this is my stage layout
Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures Stage10

What I do not understand is that my layers for my mixer 2 is always stuck on the AI logo on the playback page.
The actual output shows the images from mixer one. Is it because the texture for the projector is linked to addict fixture_0?
If so, does it mean that I will not be able to run 2 separate set of GFX from one projector?

Juay0004

Back to top Go down

Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures Empty Re: Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures

Post  MarcAI Tue May 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Juay,

To correct this problem, you need to do the following:-

You need to add the projector after the two fixtures - in the Stage Patch, rename the projector to AddictFixture_3, then rename the second fixture AddictFixture_1 and also rename the Mixer to mixer_1, finally rename your projector again to AddictFixture_2. (See picture below)

You also need to remove the green Canvas Out from the projector. This should then give you different media for each fixture. You also shouldn't need to use the render Merge modules in this instance.

Hope this is helpful. Very Happy

[img][/img][img]Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures Re_ord10[/img]
MarcAI
MarcAI

Back to top Go down

Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures Empty Re: Projection Mapping on 2 Screen Fixtures

Post  Juay0004 Tue May 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi,

So if I read you correct, what you are telling me is that the naming convention plays a part in the rendering process?

Juay0004

Back to top Go down

Post  MarcAI Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Ai prefers the fixtures to come first, then the projectors. While it is not directly affecting the rendering process, it does make a difference to performance so it is good practise to adopt this order for future projects. Very Happy
MarcAI
MarcAI

Back to top Go down

Post  Juay0004 Tue May 21, 2013 8:54 pm

MarcAI wrote:Ai prefers the fixtures to come first, then the projectors. While it is not directly affecting the rendering process, it does make a difference to performance so it is good practise to adopt this order for future projects. Very Happy

Thanks! Looks like there are lots of good practise I need to learn from this forum to make this work. =)

Juay0004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down