Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem to drag and drop media in ai version mac

5 posters

Go down

Problem to drag and drop media in ai version mac Empty Problem to drag and drop media in ai version mac

Post  Pascalv Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:09 am

hello,
I can't drag and drop video in ai server, i try with .mov, .mpg, .avi files and no success. i know the format of media must quicktime format.
But it work for picture in .jpg type.

Any idea ??

Pascalv

Back to top Go down

Problem to drag and drop media in ai version mac Empty Re: Problem to drag and drop media in ai version mac

Post  Sebastien Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:22 am

Your UAC in windows is still activated. Check how to remove UAC on google. Depend on your windows version.
For the codec. The best is the Aim codec from here : http://www.avolitesmedia.com/?page_id=3253

Sebastien

Back to top Go down

Problem to drag and drop media in ai version mac Empty Re: Problem to drag and drop media in ai version mac

Post  ArranAI Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 am

a lot of mpegs and avi's will not load in Ai - for the best compatibility, use our AiM codec.

the fact that you can load a jpeg says to me you were trying to load incompatible files.
ArranAI
ArranAI
Admin

http://www.avolitesmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pascalv Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:35 am

It is not in the windows version so what is UAC in the macOS X.

Pascalv

Back to top Go down

Post  Pascalv Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:38 am

i mainly use quicktime file. How can i use AIM codec ?

Pascalv

Back to top Go down

Post  ArranAI Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:53 am

quicktme is a general "container" - within quicktime you choose a specific codec. AiM should show up as a codec option within your quictime encoder. if you dont have it installed already, it can be found here http://www.avolitesmedia.com/?page_id=3253
ArranAI
ArranAI
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pascalv Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:20 am

i convert some media with the codec AIM, and each time i try to drag and drop the media into AI, the soft crash i have to relunch ai

Pascalv

Back to top Go down

Post  ArranAI Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:10 am

what spec is your computer?

can you send me a link to one of the files so i can look at it? ( arran@avolitesmedia.com )
ArranAI
ArranAI
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArranAI Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:45 am

i recieved the file and it works fine for me on a mac book pro with a geforce 650m using AI v1545 - i can drag and drop into ai and play the file.

you could try encoding with "performance" as the option in the AiM settings ( this will produce 16 bit file instead of 24 bit )

it may also be worth making sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.
ArranAI
ArranAI
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pascalv Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Hello
It is better with the performance option, the driver are the latest for the quadro 4000
But some file crash Ai
Thanks

Pascalv

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciaran Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Are all the files that you are importing encoded to AiM? Currently the mac version only support AiM encoded media...
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post  00fractal Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:05 am

Pascalv wrote:hello,
I can't drag and drop video in ai server, i try with .mov, .mpg, .avi files and no success. i know the format of media must quicktime format.
But it work for picture in .jpg type.

Any idea ??
i have the same issue, last night during the show Shocked my T4 server crashed about 8 times possibly more. most of the media i was importing has been rendered in the aim codec for performance. sometimes the system will just hang if i try to import another type of media. so i avoid doing that. also however it seemed to crash consitently, not always but alot, after i merged models in the construction page? i also think there was a couple of times after remapping the uv needs looking at. luckily it was a small event so wasnt a biggy. however there seems to be quite a few buggy pitfalls to be wary of. i am running the latest version i downloaded 2 days ago. 1730 i think. it would be great if the software would recognise the file types that it can use safely and simply not allow ones which will crash the system. more on this soon, but ive been up for at least 24hours cyclops 
00fractal
00fractal

http://Extradimensional.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciaran Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Hey Fractal. Can you send me your project with some samples of the media, jpeg, etc that you was trying so that I can try to get to the bottom of this. You can email me at ciaran.avolitesmedia.com

The latest version on our website should be 1760 for the PC and has been stable for a while. So I'm curious to try and find out what was causing these issues. Is it possible that the project that you was using was built on an earlier version of Ai, so there could have been some discrepancies somewhere?
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post  00fractal Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:18 pm

ok i will send you the project. some of the models were merged using an earlier version of the software. then inported into a new project in the new version. do you just need the saved project file? any other bits, models and media. ill go thru it tonight and send across. thanks
00fractal
00fractal

http://Extradimensional.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciaran Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 pm

The saved model should be fine to use...

If you can send me the project, the model and some pieces of media. Maybe one movie, one jpeg etc. If you've found that a piece of media seems to be reacting more unstably than others than that will be better for me to test on.
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down