Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More bugs foud today

2 posters

Go down

More bugs foud today Empty More bugs foud today

Post  Wodie Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:14 am

Hi, I also found that some play modes does not behave as they should:
7 Play Random, not working.
10 Play Loop Fwd if Intensity, rettriggers the movie instead of pause.
11 Play Loop Rev if Intensity, same as above.
12 Play Once Fwd if Intensity, same as above.
13 Play Once Rev if Intensity, same as above.
14 Play Ramdom if intensity, same as above and it is not making random play.
15 Play Sine if intensity, rettriggers the movie instead of pause.
sync to MTC and SMPTE aparently will work because move freeze (expecting TC I guess) but modes not tested.
Notes:audio modes not tested with audio files, only movie without sound
70 Play Audio, if loops instead of playing movie once.
72 Play Audio if Intensity, rettriggers the movie instead of pause and loop instead of playing once.
73 Play Audio Loop if Intensity, rettrigger the movie instead of pause.
74 Play Audio Ret if Intensity, keeps making a loop instead of playing movie once.
Sync to ID not tested but aperar not to work because move keeps playing.

Playback speed channel:
1 should be PAUSE, it behaves as a low speed.

Color Mode: looks here is to much to do, I hope color FX 1 thru 23 and 100 work soon, I use them a lot.
Visual FX: also to much to go, I will be patient.

X and Y positioning is not working.

All the movies I have that are .avi (divx codec), mpg, and mp4 are not displayed, I can think this is a codec isue but at least the mpeg and mp4 are player without any problem with Quick Time. Do I have to encode all my content to Ai codec so it works?

I can say you make a really good product and hope I can help to improve it as far as possible.

Wodie

http://www.wodielite.com

Back to top Go down

More bugs foud today Empty Re: More bugs foud today

Post  Dave Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:32 am

Hi

Yes we use our own quicktime codec called AiM which is optimised for high resolution and high quality playback. You can get it here if you don't have it already:

http://www.avolites.com/ai/AIM_Codec.zip

As you have pointed out there are still differences between the way Ai works and the way Catalyst works. The intention was not to create a catalyst clone. There are many ways in which our systems are very different. We utilised the catalyst artnet channel layout in order to help people transfer their shows over to our system or vice versa, but there are still lots of parameters which behave differently, this will always be the case.

if you would like to talk further please get in touch at support@avolitesmedia.com

Thanks
Dave
Dave
Admin

http://www.immersive.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  Wodie Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Dave, thank you for your reply, I clearly understand Ai will work different to Catalyst, it is extremely more powerful than Cat, at the moment I use Cat on 90% (rider request) of the shows I make, and sometimes ArtMedia when we need more systems than the Cats we own. When I saw Ai at a presentation Hermes Music I really like it, at the moment I am trying to convince the company I work for, to purchase Ai instead of more Catalyst systems or Hippotizers. I am trying to run a Catalyst programed show to make them a demo thinking it can be offered as a seamless Catalyst engine and with all the powerful capabilities of Ai, I am running both servers with the same show, and that is the main reason I been testing and making notes about the differences I find on the way.

I can say Ai is a very advanced media server, it only need people to know it and use it.

Wodie

http://www.wodielite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down