Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screen Mask Input

2 posters

Go down

Screen Mask Input Empty Screen Mask Input

Post  f.antoci Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Maybe there is already a way to do that, but I think it would be useful to have a "screen mask input" in the projector modules.

Let me explain, I mean a input like the Screen Fixture Input which not contain footage info but only shape and it is subtracted from the main screen. In this way it will possible have a, for example, led screen in the middle of projection and il will be mask (not affected of projection) therefore have the central part of the footage on led screen and the remaining projected.
f.antoci
f.antoci

Back to top Go down

Screen Mask Input Empty Re: Screen Mask Input

Post  Dave Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi

This can be achieved in a number of ways.

The simplest is to make a 3d model of your screen shape and drag that onto your screen fixture.

Another way is to use a fixture mask in the mixer (v6).

A third way would be to do it in content with a multiply blend mode.

And finally If you make a .tga file with alpha transparency in black and white depicting your screen shape then save it with the same filename as the 3ds screen model file then this should mask out the area of your screen as specified in the alpha layer.

If you have further questions on this please feel free to get in touch with our support team on support@avolitesmedia.com

Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Admin

http://www.immersive.eu

Back to top Go down