Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ai on OSX Startup Problem - Salvation - Error starting GUI services, cannot continue.

2 posters

Go down

Ai on OSX Startup Problem - Salvation - Error starting GUI services, cannot continue. Empty Ai on OSX Startup Problem - Salvation - Error starting GUI services, cannot continue.

Post  kyehoward Tue May 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Salvation - Error starting GUI services, cannot continue.

I'm using Ai_V7_0_0_944_RC8_OSX

Any ideas? Thanks

kyehoward

Back to top Go down

Ai on OSX Startup Problem - Salvation - Error starting GUI services, cannot continue. Empty Re: Ai on OSX Startup Problem - Salvation - Error starting GUI services, cannot continue.

Post  kyehoward Tue May 14, 2013 8:51 pm

osx v 10.8.3

kyehoward

Back to top Go down

Ai on OSX Startup Problem - Salvation - Error starting GUI services, cannot continue. Empty Re: Ai on OSX Startup Problem - Salvation - Error starting GUI services, cannot continue.

Post  Dave Tue May 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi there

Can you give us your system spec please including GPU. thanks
Dave
Dave
Admin

http://www.immersive.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  kyehoward Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Processor = 2.66 ghz intel core i7
memory = 8 gb 1067 mhz ddr3
graphics = nvidia geforce gt 330m 512mb
software 10.8.3 (12d78)

kyehoward

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed May 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi so I've looked into this and the problem seems to be as follows

From the instructions.rtf document in the in the osx zip file:

please unzip the archive and place the Distrib folder in

/Applications/Avolites/Ai/Distrib

The entire contents of the Distrib folder needs to be sitting there in that directory, not just the ai.app file. Can you confirm, do you have the entire contents of the Distrib folder from the zip file you downloaded sitting in the folder mentioned above?

Thanks and best regards
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kyehoward Wed May 15, 2013 7:20 pm

ok brilliant that seems to work now, i had cut the ai launch file into the application folder. Thanks Dave

kyehoward

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wed May 15, 2013 7:25 pm

No problems, I'm going to split this off into a separate discussion thread now as I am trying to keep the downloads section clean with just the download links. Thanks
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down