Ai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving head fixture library

3 posters

Go down

Moving head fixture library Empty Moving head fixture library

Post  Sebastien Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Hello. I would like to know how to creat a fixture library.
For exmple I would like to use a Chromlech Elidy Panel with 225 dimmers.
It could be good if I can create a fixture with all inside instead of creating 225 fixtures for 1 panel...
Is it possible?

Thank you.

Sebastien

Back to top Go down

Moving head fixture library Empty Re: Moving head fixture library

Post  Sebastien Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:14 am

Still no answer?

Sebastien

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:26 am

Hi Sebastien

Sorry not sure how we missed this one. I have asked my colleague Ciaran to get back to you as I believe he helped a customer set up a show with these panels recently.

Thanks and best regards
Dave
Dave
Admin

http://www.immersive.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciaran Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Hey Sebastien...

In regards to your first question about creating custom fixture libraries... Currently in the software we don't have an support for this feature unfortunately.

However we do have some modules available for us that will allow you to control different fixtures depending on how you want to control them. In order to control your Elidy Chromlech Panels, we have a couple of modules that allows you to sample pixel areas, and then output that pixel information via artnet. The modules that you need for this are ArtnetStructre and either ArtnetSampleStrip, or ArtnetSampleGrid. Where the ArtnetStructure modules sets up a textured space and the ArtnetSampleStrip and ArtnetSampleGrid sample pixels within that space and then convert them to Artnet/KiNet data.

I've created a showfile that you can download here that should help you get up and running. Essentially I am taking a canvas from a screen fixture into the Artnet Structure. I am then taking this Structure and plugging it into multiple amounts of ArtnetSampleGrid fixtures. Which have been defined to be 15 pixels wide by 15 pixels high. Making 225 pixels or channels. I presume that this is a mono fixture, so those are the numbers that you want. So each module gives you a single panel. Now you are just free to position them around as you please.

Out of interest what are the full dimensions of your Elidy Wall? If you need more help with this, then you can email me at ciaran@avolitesmedia.com
Ciaran
Ciaran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down